Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My little helper in the kitchen

Many spoons were used in the making of our cookies
Today Baby K and I had a fun afternoon in the kitchen. It was a nasty day outside, so I decided we would stay in and do some things around the house. Specifically, we would try our hand at baking together for the first time- really letting Baby K "help" in the kitchen.
She pretty much wanted a bite of everything
Remember how I used to post about all this stuff I would bake and take to BK's team. Oh yeah...then Baby K came along, we moved, life goes on and sometimes they get stuff, sometimes they don't. This month though, we're on and they will have something sweet tomorrow. All thanks to Baby K's help in the kitchen.
Yum!
We went with simple for our first cooking adventure together and made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. We made her high chair into a stool and she was right up at the counter with me, pouring various cups and spoons into the bowl (mostly). We only had one small incident with the cookie pan when they came out of the oven, when she touched it with one finger. I was there with her and watching her, and I realize she's not quite two yet, but she's not going to learn (after warning her numerous times and putting it out of her reach) any other way.
Don't worry grandparents- her tiny finger is just fine. A few tears, a cold rag and a kiss from mom made everything better. And she thoroughly enjoyed her final product too!

No comments:

Post a Comment