Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm pumped!

Pun totally intended. And you should stop reading now if you do not want to hear about this particular journey to Baby K's first birthday.

I finally got to send this guy back a few weeks ago, after it being my constant companion for nearly a year. But I'm happy to say, Baby K got breast milk until she was a year old. I know some people go further than that, but as this is her only way of getting it, a year was long enough for me!

I decided to blog about it because it feels like a freaking miracle that I made it this long. When people ask me how long I had been pumping, and I responded, 6 months, 9 months, etc., their typical response was, wow, I can't believe you've lasted this long. My response to that: me either!

I do think it's an accomplishment, and honestly something that I didn't specifically plan to do. In the beginning I was just hoping to make it to 6 weeks, then that turned into 3 months, then 6 months, and by the time I got past that I figured I had come that far, I wasn't turning back then.

I also talked to numerous moms whose husband/partner didn't have much to do with feeding. I can't really fathom that, as BK had the morning shift every morning, and lots of other feedings on the weekends as well. That was their time together, and it's hard for me to imagine another way.

I had BK the math whiz calculate just how long I had to keep going so that Baby K could get to a year and I would know when I could stop. As the date drew nearer I was seriously dreaming about how much more time I would have to do stuff during the day (yeah, right), how I could actually sleep in if BK took the morning shift, and how we wouldn't have to save space in our luggage for this thing to go with us every where we ventured off to. And yes, this thing has probably been to more countries and destinations than the average American, as it's been everywhere we have over the past year.

Okay, so that's all I have on this one. We've been picking up on our traveling lately, so I need to fill you in on those as well. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Bottom line: Woohoo! I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment