Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring, is that you?

Tons of flowers blooming on the lake
Dare I say it? Could it be that Spring has finally sprung in Switzerland?
Time by the lake with the babysitter
This week I have been really excited because the sun has been out every day. BK and I recently discussed that in Texas we kind of take it for granted that it's going to be sunny. In fact, during the blistering heat of the summer all you want is for it to go away. But with lows still hanging around in the mid-30s and highs of maybe 50, the sun makes a huge difference. And when the sun is out in Switzerland it typically makes for a picture-perfect day.
Baby K LOVES swinging
Baby K and I have tried to be out quite a bit this week, taking Tobs on longer walks, going to the park, and generally just trying to be outside to soak up the weather. The wind still bites a bit in the mornings, but by the time the afternoon rolls around, it's perfect.
The neighborhood view
On a different note, now that she doesn't have to wear a winter hat all the time, we've started practicing wearing bows and headbands for Aunt Linds' wedding in July. All I can say is that we have more work to do. Luckily we have a little bit of time to get ready.
Not going as planned...need more practice
I've mentioned before, but we're headed to Spain and Portugal next, where they're already enjoying temps in the 80s. I cannot tell you how excited I am to not pack a coat for the first time in about six months. I feel like I don't even know what to pack, especially for Baby K, considering she won't need numerous layers.

As always, fun times are ahead; just wanted to share some pics from this beautiful week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment