Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Cookie Chaos!!

The setup before the toddlers hit it
Everyone has their family holiday traditions, right? For my sister and I, we always had a cookie party. Our mom let us invite a few friends to the house and we decorated Christmas cookies for everyone to enjoy. My mom also had her cookie exchange, when her friends came over and they all exchanged cookies they made. My mom has been continuing her tradition this whole time, and now that both my sister and I have kids, we've revived our Christmas tradition too.

Cue six toddlers at Mimi and PopPop's house "decorating" cookies. It was definitely what I would call somewhat-organized chaos. It took them a few minutes to understand that they could not simply pour sprinkles on the sugar cookies, but instead they had to smear icing on their cookies first, then pile them high with sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, sugar snowflakes, and many other decorations.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. All the kids ended up running around like wild crazy people on a serious sugar high, which they totally were. It was really fun and hopefully we'll be doing it again next year!
Sugar cookies in various Christmas shapes and LOTS of icing
Cookie boxes- to make sure we weren't left with all of the beautifully decorated cookies
Baby K's cookie party activity- eating a lot of cookies and icing
Let the fun begin!
O's decorated cookies
Again, what she did the entire party
TR (cookie party helper) and Abbs (expert decorator)
Running all the sugar off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment