Friday, March 8, 2013

Shopping in the name of Switzerland!

This has obviously been a time of lots of change: cleaning out, giving away, sorting through, packing up, and getting ready.  The one thing I did not anticipate?  Shopping, and lots of it.

For those of you out there who "LOVE" to shop, this might be a good thing.  Sure, I like to shop, but I'm more of a, I need this specific thing, so I'll go in and get just that type of shopper.  Preparing for Switzerland has been a whole new experience.  BK and I are shopping like they don't have stores in Switzerland.  The fact is of course, they do have stores, it's just that everything in those stores is about twice the price as it is here.

Why is that?  I actually have no idea.  I'm guessing if I asked BK he would say something about the Swiss Franc being strong, higher taxes, or something to that effect.  There's also something nice about knowing that we can concentrate on discovering other fun new things, and not have to worry about if they have the razors that BK likes.  Besides, when we get there travel is my priority for where the funds go.

What are we buying you ask?  Clothes primarily- I've been working on versatile pieces that are good for travel and ideal for layering, and BK has been working on replacing things that he's had for a while, are looking a little worn out, or he needs for this new climate.  But then there's also ski clothes, snow boots, galoshes, flats (Sperry's, Toms, sandals), new couch pillows and some bedding.  I got a hard time for the bedding, but I figure I won't buy any for the next couple of years, and we're changing beds, so I might as well.

The last thing on the list is stocking up on cosmetics/toiletries/other products that we like and can ship in our sea shipment.  I heard from our moving guy that the people he's moving to Russia are stocking up on toilet paper, because apparently their toilet paper is not quite what we're used to.  We're not doing that, but in these last few weeks I'm sure we'll think of something else to buy.

Just a few short weeks to go before we're headed out!


No comments:

Post a Comment