Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday fun-day

Today was a really great day. I'm can't really pinpoint why, but I think it was a combination of great weather in Basel, getting out and about quite a bit, some extra sleep this morning, lunch on the river with a friend, walking with a friend and without the pups, and possibly baking. My jury is still out on the baking part, as I can't quite decide how my creations have turned out. More to come on that.
Before and after one of the storms today
I really cannot complain about Baby K's sleep. She's started sleeping about six hours a night at three weeks old and has just progressively gotten better; she's to the point now where she sleeps from 8pm to 7am on a nightly basis. The problem is BK and me...we can't seem to make ourselves go to bed early, so on the weekends when Baby K naps from 8:30 to 10:30 it's nice when we get to snooze a bit more as well.
What happens when Dad is in charge
After everyone's morning nap and my and Baby K's second breakfast, we all got out and walked the pups, then headed to meet a friend for lunch by the river. JG works with BK and is in town this week for the quarter close. We had lunch on a patio above the river, watching the clouds roll in the entire time. Just after we were done with our meals the storm really came in, blowing things around and sending everyone inside for cover. We had a nice conversation with a family sitting next to us whose daughter just happened to be born one day after Baby K. The sun came out shortly after the storm and we headed home.
JG with Baby K
JG and BK decided that since it was not raining anymore and was sunny again they wanted to float the river. We ran home, BK changed clothes, loaded up the fish bags and off they went. Baby K and I stayed behind so that she could eat again, then walked with our friend AH. For me this walk was a little more relaxing, as it was without the pups and less purposeful. With all of the people, dogs and barbecues by the river, it was just a little much for the boys that evening.
Fish bags for floating the river
I ended the night with baking. Like I mentioned above, my jury is still out on how they turned out; they're not as pretty as I would have hoped, but I think they still taste good. As we're moving, this will be my last month baking for BK's team here in Basel, so I tried to get adventurous and do something new. Maybe I should have stuck to a recipe I know I'm really good with.
Blueberry galette- it didn't stay in this form while baking
Today should be a big day too, but not quite so "fun-day." We're having our pre-move survey done on the apartment, then heading to have lunch with BK, just to name a few things on the list. Hopefully things go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment