Wednesday, April 20, 2016

#2: Already over half way there!


So we announced that #2- Baby H- was coming along a couple of month ago. It was in February to be exact, but I haven't had a chance to post about this exciting news yet. And now that I can actually talk about what's happening in our lives I can be completely honest in my post.

As much as I hate to say it, Baby H is potentially already a typical second child?? I kind of can't believe that it happens this early on! With K Bear I took weekly pictures of my progress and sent them to the fam. With Baby H, not so much. So far they've gotten one picture of the baby bump at 20 weeks to mark the half way point. I seem to be too busy trying to upload pictures of K Bear to the photo stream we share with our families.

I thought I would answer some of the same questions we posted about K Bear when we announced that she was on the way...

Was this a surprise for you and BK?
We actually haven't had this question much this time around; maybe that's because most people know that we really don't do a lot of surprises in our life. It was not a surprise, but we weren't sure when it would happen. After I finished pumping for Kate, things were not happening with my reproductive system and doctors ultimately found a tumor on my pituitary gland (prolactinoma) that was repressing my reproductive system.

It is benign, and is the most common type of pituitary tumor, but still a bit worrisome, as it is in the brain. Anyway, it is treated with medication, and the tumor has shrunk, but it is still there. And things are obviously back to working again since Baby H is on his way.

Are you going to find out the gender?
Well, as I mentioned above...Baby H is on HIS way, so yes we know we're expecting a boy. The doctor was actually able to tell us at our 15 week appointment, and I kind of didn't believe it since K Bear made us wait until the long sonogram. And speaking of, we had the organ scan last week and all looks good; AND the doctor confirmed that Baby H is in fact a boy.

You always said you didn't want any, and now you'll have two?
Yes. One of my things that I was pretty set on when we decided we wanted to have a family was that if we were having one, I wanted two. BK was a little harder to convince after K Bear turned out to be such a happy baby, as he didn't want to mess a good thing up. But, as our siblings are very important to us, amongst other things, we obviously decided that we wanted K Bear to have a sibling.

I figure these questions are not so applicable to Baby H now: Where will the baby be born? and Will the baby have dual citizenship? As we're coming back in three weeks he will be born in Fort Worth and will be a US citizen just like K Bear. The funny thing is, I have absolutely no idea how kids born in the US even get a social security card or birth certificate. Where do those come from? Hospital? City? County? No clue...I should probably look into this. Now, applying for his first passport-easy.

I was also a bit surprised when people told me that it might be a difficult to find an OB who would take me when I'm six months pregnant and they're seeing me for the first time. I find this surprising because, say I hadn't had prenatal care before now. If you're a doctor, don't you want to make sure I have it as soon as possible? This concept is weird to me. I have been tentatively accepted by a practice who has availability to deliver in August, BUT they do want to see my records before they make the final decision.

I think that's about it for now. I would say that I will post about Baby H again soon, but as K Bear, Tobs and I leave Switzerland three weeks from today, that's somewhat unlikely. I'm sure there will be much more to come about our journey back to the US. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment