Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Texas, here we come...and for good this time!

Not sure I can find this view in Fort Worth
Yes, that's right, we're moving back to Texas!

I cannot tell you how excited I am that this day has finally come. Not the day that we're moving back, but the day that BK's company finally announced his new position, so we can actually talk about it. Things have been in the works for a little while, and we told family and a few close friends, but now it's public, so yay!

K Bear, Tobs and I will be back in about three weeks, then BK around a week after us. It's a very short time from now, and there are a lot of moving parts all happening at the same time, but we're excited to be coming back, to say the least.

If I'm completely honest, the move back is somewhat bittersweet, and I know that it will be a big change for all of us. We have really enjoyed our time in Switzerland, but we always knew it was a temporary thing for us. Family is such a strong draw for us and the timing is right at this point in our lives- with Baby K #2 on the way, K Bear getting older, me wanting to do something in my professional life, and BK being presented with the right opportunity- just to name a few.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have a million questions about the move back, such as: What is BK doing in his new role? Is LK going back to work? Where are you going to live? What are you going to do with your house in FW? What will you miss most about being abroad? I'm well aware that the list goes on and on, and sometimes I feel like we're presented with a question so often that it kind of takes on a 'question of the week' feel.

Hopefully I'll get back to you on many of the questions above, and now that I can actually talk freely about what's happening in our lives, will likely try to post a little bit more often.

To all of you in Cowtown- we can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment