Sunday, September 8, 2013

Who loves a weenie dog in a raincoat??


I do for sure! Tanner and Toby...not so much. BK...he just kind of laughs at us as we make our way out the door.

I mentioned in a blog post a while back that we were going to need some raincoats. One of the many things I purchased while we were in the US was dachshund-specific raincoats. Now, this may sound like overkill to anyone who does not have a weenie dog, but for me, it was nearly impossible to find something that fit these guys. Thanks to www.noodleandfriends.com, they are prefect.

Unlike in Texas, where it's still sweltering, here in Switzerland we've started to see fall weather. I think the high today was around 65 and it's been raining off and on all day. As a took the boys out for their last trip outside tonight, it was raining harder and is right around 60. And I'll admit, I've been excited to use the raincoats. 

They are awesome to say the least. Tanner and Toby's legs are less than six inches long, so they don't stand very far off the ground. When it rains here that means they literally pick up anything and everything in their path when we're walking- water, dirt, leaves, other gunk- you get the picture. Their chests are the worst, as they are broad and are even closer to the ground, so they are extremely dirty when they come back in the apartment, which also means anything they jump on is also dirty. The raincoats not only cover their backs (helping combat a constant wet dog smell in our apartment), but also have another piece that covers their chest so that all the dirt now goes on the jacket and can easily be washed off. It's the simple things, right?

I just have to hope the boys start liking the raincoats a little more than they currently do, because we will be using them. Right now Tanner just runs from me when I come at him with his raincoat, eventually surrendering, but not appreciating this at all. Toby is submissive, as usual, but once it's on, he acts like he has a straight jacket on and is now paralyzed where ever I put it on him. I pretty much have to drag him when he wears the coat. Like I said, hopefully they'll get used to them. They do look pretty cute and cheerful in the raincoats too- another plus! It's supposed to rain a few more days this week, so I feel certain we'll be putting these to good use.

On a completely different note, I am using the Blogger app for the first time tonight to post, as we've been using my computer to watch Slingbox (football) all weekend. We'll see how it goes; hopefully this one turns out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment