Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baby K is a GIRL!

Finally, I get to post about this! The Lentil is a GIRL! Our child seems to have a mind of her own already and has refused to reveal the fact that we are having a girl in a couple of our previous appointments. When I say that she has a mind of her own, most people's first response is, "Just like her mom and dad." Funny.


We tried in October, then again yesterday at our regular monthly doctor's appointment with no luck. This morning we went to our organ scan, which is a routine procedure here in Switzerland. Everything looks good and we finally found out that she was, in fact, a girl. During the appointment we saw the chambers of the heart, looked at the brain, checked the blood flow, counted fingers and toes and caught a brief glimpse of her face.

Don't worry, even though the gender was revealed, she still made sure the doctor had to really work for what she needed. After about 45 minutes of sonogramming the doctor had me leave to go walk around and get a snack to see if the baby would change positions so that she could see one last thing on her list. After a hot chocolate, croissant and some walking, when I returned she had turned so the doctor could see what she needed.

We're headed to the US in the morning, so I make no guarantees about when I'll blog again. Maybe I'll blog some of the cooking adventures I embark on during the trip. I'm looking forward to cooking with American ingredients in a kitchen with more than one small work surface. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment