Friday, August 9, 2013

We're going to need a couple of raincoats

The weather here in Basel has drastically changed since I posted about the heat on Monday. This morning when I got up to walk the pups it was 60 degrees and raining. Not a downpour by any means, but a steady rain that made it feel pretty chilly outside.

With that said, I quickly discovered this morning that I'm going to need to find two weenie dog-sized raincoats. Here in Basel I've only been able to find waterproof coats for them. They don't need coats yet, but something waterproof would be helpful.

As I've mentioned before, I never thought I would be one to put clothes on the dogs, but the raincoats would actually serve a purpose. Without a raincoat Tanner sulks along and proceeds to look absolutely pitiful for the entire walk. He is also constantly stopping to shake water off of himself. Toby, on the other hand, loves the water and could care less if he gets wet. The problem with him though is that long hair. When he goes out and it is raining, I'm pretty much forced to blow dry him as soon as we get back home. This gets really old, really fast. If I don't blow dry him he will immediately run around the apartment, jumping on anything possible, rubbing on couch pillows, rugs and other surfaces to try and dry himself off. Gross- I don't need the apartment smelling like wet dog all the time.

The search will be on when we come to the US in the next couple of weeks. I've added this to my growing list of things we need to buy while in Texas. If I'm going to walk them for three hours a day, even on the rainy days, I may need to invest in some waterproof pants for myself as well. I'll be outfitted in a whole slicker suit before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment