Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What we've been up to over the past week...

Random happenings this week seen through pictures:

I tried another new soup recipe last week, Southwestern Chicken Soup, that turned out really well. I added zucchini to the recipe, as I think that BK and I need to eat more veggies. Cheese toast, not so healthy, but good for dipping.
I had my biggest day ever on Fitbit, with 27,530 steps last Tuesday. If I recall correctly, I was pretty tired at the end of the day. Funny thing is, I can't remember doing anything out of the ordinary to reach this. I obviously just walked more than normal.
For some reason the urge to make scones hit me on Wednesday, so I made these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones. I took half of them to BK's team on my way to visit one of Baby K's potential schools and have eaten the other half for breakfast and snacks throughout the week. They were not BK's favorite, but I liked them.
I mentioned in a previous post that I have started practicing walking the dogs with the stroller. One of our neighbors saw me outside and assumed that we had already had Baby K. BK and I came home one night to flowers and a card at our door. I texted the neighbors to tell them thank you for thinking of us, only to find out they thought Baby K had already made her arrival. I assured them we would let them know when it happened, and that I was just practicing for when she did get here.
The weather has been really nice, and surprisingly mild for February here. I've tried to be outside when I can and have the doors and windows open in our apartment as much as possible. Last Friday it rained a little bit, but then this rainbow appeared afterward on my walk to the grocery store. Something you don't see all the time.
Saturday morning BK and I got up at a decent time and took the boys for a walk that was nearly an hour and a half. We covered lots of ground in Klein Basel (our side of the river), including this market in a church square and some people watching along the river. When the sun comes out the Swiss come out, so there were lots of people out and about with us.

Sunday brought us to our last day of Planning for Parenthood class (more on that later). Sunday night I suggested we get away from the typical food here and look for a new Mexican restaurant. Now, don't get me wrong, it will never be Tex-Mex but we did find a pretty good place that we liked better than any other we've tried here. BK even said their margaritas were good!
Monday we had great weather, sunny and around 60 degrees! I jumped on the opportunity and took the boys to Lange Erlan, a park where they can be off the leash and run around a bit.
The boys did great off the leash and enjoyed an hour of fetching a squeaky ball up and down the river. Tobs even took the chance to get in and out of the river a number of times. It's the simple things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment