Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Caught in the rain!

Ready to go!
I can tell that we've been in the US for almost a month because, I am so out of my ways of always being prepared when out and about here without a car. This morning Baby K, BK and I got our day started the way we like- by walking out with BK then heading off for a walk with the pups. Then we come back, have breakfast number two, and head out to wherever we have to go.

Today we headed to Lausanne for Fit Mama workout class. It was a bit cloudy in Montreux, but it didn't look too bad. Not even thinking, Baby K and I put our jackets on, got our stroller out of the garage, and got on the train. What did I leave home without that I always say I should have?? My sunglasses and my umbrella!

I know, seems strange that I would want both of those things, but it just seems like it doesn't typically stay either sunny or cloudy all day; things will change. This morning though, it was the umbrella that really got me, and I forgot to reattach my hood to my coat as well. Grrr...I felt so out of practice!

Obviously I'm not going to go back home because of this. Baby K was all snuggled up (and napping) in her stroller and covered by the rain shield, so I just tried to be quick walking to where I was going. At least I was going to workout, so it didn't really matter that my hair was all wet. And for the record, it cleared up and was sunny on our way home around noon.

On a completely different note, I've been excited about getting back to cooking this week. I cooked a few times in the US, but not much. Last night I made a great soup and salad: Smoky Lentil & Quinoa Soup and a salad with field greens, pears, walnuts, pomegranate seeds and feta cheese. The soup is super healthy and actually tastes similar to chili, but with a different texture. Kate even likes it!

Our lunch today
She had fun helping cook dinner last night too! And yes, I will come up with any excuse to post more pics of her :)

Such a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment