Saturday, January 3, 2015

The real deal

Now that I'm rested and somewhat recovered, I'll share with you my actual New Year's resolution. In 2015, I'm going to try hard to let our life just happen a little bit more. I really like to have a plan and know how things are going to go in our life; this year I'm working on relaxing with all of that. I won't go as far as to say I'll be spontaneous all the time, but I should unclench a little bit.

I tell you this not because I think you've been waiting on the edge of your seat to hear what my resolution is or anything, but more to put it out there so that I'm more accountable now that people know it, and because I feel certain it will provide some humorous reflection throughout this year as I try to be a little bit less structured.

Of course, I started January 2 by asking BK what the plan was for the day, when he wanted to leave for the airport, what all we needed to do before he left, any last errands to run in the morning, and on and on. So let's just say it's a process. Every day is a new day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment