Monday, July 1, 2013

Why must I have to mop?

I'm sort of procrastinating on my German homework right now. The exercises where I have to come up with questions for answers that are already listed are the worst. I can come up with questions for the answer that is given, but usually not the EXACT question they're looking for. It can be a bit infuriating.

I'm a little ashamed to say it, but we've lived in Basel for about three months now and I just bought a mop yesterday. Of course, it's not an actual mop, but a Swiffer, which is really the only kind of mop I know how to use.

Don't worry, our floors have not gone uncleaned for this long. For the first month we lived in a furnished apartment which had everything in it. But, since we've lived in our permanent apartment we haven't had one. We have a vacuum and I have cleaned with soap and water when needed. I even texted my sisters to see what I should mop with, as I wasn't sure about that. They laughed. It's been quite a while since I had to mop our house.

Let me just say...I hate mopping. I understand the purpose- to clean the floors. But it just seems like I'm just pushing dirty water around on the floor. Gross. Maybe I'm not doing it right or something, but ick. The Swiffer is the only kind of mop I know how to use, and thank goodness I found one here, although  it's not perfect.

The only snafu I ran into today while cleaning was that our vacuum stopped working. At least I know how to use a broom.

No comments:

Post a Comment